Diploma Course Overview
The Diploma in Procurement and Supply is a valuable management tools for those in junior and middle management procurement roles or those supervising the procurement function. The course focuses on organisational procedures and processes including negotiating, planning, risk management, and data analysis.
Studying with ABA Procurement, you will gain a CIPS Diploma in Procurement and Supply which is equivalent to a First year degree or HNC, NVQ Level 4 (UK)
ABA Procurement provides a highly effective combination of study centre and home learning, allowing students plenty of time to work with students and well as additional time to absorb and practice what has been learned.
We are able to be flexible with study centre dates to accommodate difficult schedules, providing this is approved by the whole group.
To study for the Diploma it is anticipated that you will need to engage with 250 hours of learning. This would include tutor-led / guided study, homework and research. Additionally we would recommend that you commit 70 hours per unit of self-study, which includes wider reading, revision, and exam preparation.
CIPS Advanced Certificate in procurement and supply operations.
Or Two years’ experience in a business environment
Or Two A level qualifications or international equivalent
- Adding value through procurement and supply chain management
- Understand the stages of the sourcing processes in creating added value out comes that can be achieved with suppliers
- Understand the main aspects of organisational infrastructure that show the scope of a procurement or supply chain function
- Understand the need for compliance with requirements when undertaking
procurement activities in different sectors
- Understand how to devise a business case for requirements to be sources from external suppliers
- Understand he fundamentals of specifications and key performance indicators that are included in contractual arrangements made with suppliers
- Understand the main clauses that are included in formal contracts
- Understand the main implications of outsourced services for procurement
- Understand the main options for sourcing of requirements from suppliers
- Be able to develop a plan four sourcing goods or services from external suppliers
- Be able to assess the financial stability of potential suppliers
- Understand the main processes that can be applied to the sourcing of requirements from external suppliers
- Understand compliance issues when sourcing from suppliers
Negotiating and Contracting
- Understand the legal issues that relate to the formation of contacts
- Understand the main approaches in the negotiation of commercial agreements with external organisations
- Understand how to prepare for negotiations with eternal organisations
- Understand how commercial negotiations should be undertaken
Managing Contracts and Relationships
- Understand the dynamics of relationships in supply chains
- Understand the legal aspects relating to the performance of contracts
- Understand the main approaches to achieve the management of contracts
- Understand the main technique for the management of contracts and suppliers